Thoughts For Thursday: Resolutions
Happy New Year everyone!! I was reading a few blogs early this morning and my friend, Heather, posted this on her blog. I thought it was pretty neat and it seems that the tips are fairly reasonable and doable so I thought I’d share it here for today’s TFT. Making huge resolutions can be somewhat depressing and overwhelming… so read through these tips and, if you want, pick a couple that suit your fancy, work on them, then come back and pick a couple more. 🙂
40 Tips for an Exceptional New Year…
- Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you must. Buy a TiVo (DVR), tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
- When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, “My purpose is to__________ today.”
- Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
- Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did in 2008.
- Make time to practice meditation and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
- Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat fewer foods that are not manufactured in plants.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip,energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
- Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
- Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
- Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy underwear cause today IS special.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- The best is yet to come.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Do the right thing!
- Call your family often.
- Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: “I am thankful for __________.” and “Today I accomplished _________.”
- Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
- Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
2 thoughts on “Thoughts For Thursday: Resolutions”
Happy New Year, Erin! What a wonderful, uplifting and positive perspective on the whole resolutions concept. Thanks so much for sharing!>>I’m so tickled to hear you liked what what in your package…*Ü*
What great reminders! I am going to print this out and use this to help me stay positive! Thanks! Happy New year!